Since 1999, the Blue Grass Trust has created an annual list of “Eleven [historic properties] in Their Eleventh Hour.” Each property is selected on the following criteria: historic significance, proximity to proposed or current development, lack of protection from demolition, condition of structure, and architectural significance.
The BGT’s goal of highlighting these properties is to find long-term solutions to preserve them for generations to come.
In no specific order, the BGT has announced this year’s “Eleven in Their Eleventh Hour” this morning at the Hunt-Morgan House.
- Greyhound Station on Loudon Avenue, Lexington.
- Old Fayette County Courthouse, Lexington.
- Willis Green House, Danville.
- Good Shepherd Church, Frankfort.
- 151 Constitution Street, Lexington.
- Ligon and Matthews Houses, Lexington.
- First Baptist Church, Lexington.
- 601 Boonesboro Ave., Lexington.
- I-75 Connector Corridor, rural Jessamine and Madison Counties.
- 412 W. Third and 445 W. Second, Lexington.